Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wimpy Wimps Who Are Wimpy

Where did all these wimpy people comes from? When did we become such a pampered, prissy, whiny, easily offended society? What happened to the America that doesn't take shit from anyone? Where have all the cowboys gone? (Okay, well I just wanted to say that.) Aren't we still the greatest nation in all the world? Yes! Yes we are! Can we start acting like it? I sure as hell hope so!

There's a growing trend and it's getting worse every year. It starts like this: "I'm offended by....". Fill in the blank. Fill it in with anything ridiculous. Sure, some things can be taken the wrong way, but lately it seem to be trendy to be offended by everything. I almost feel left out since most things don't bother me. Maybe people should try harder to offend me.

I think everyone needs to take the pole out of their arses. Unless, of course, you like that sort of thing and in that case, I hope I didn't offend you....not. Yes, I said it. I was going to say, "psych!" but I restrained myself. Lucky you. Anycrap, back to the matter at hand: Wimps.

Wimp- –noun
1. a weak, ineffectual, timid person.

Not only are the majority of adults in the US wimps, but they are raising wimpy offspring. Little kids are whiny brats because they are being sheltered by these nutso lulus. They may as well be in a big old bubble. Helmets, knee pads, elbow pads, soft foam under the playground, stop signs on buses, EVERYTHING IS GOSH DARN CHILDPROOF! What's next? Ass pads for when they get their butts kicked at school? How are kids supposed to know if something is dangerous? This is why these kids grow up into jerky teenagers. I never wore a helmet, or any kind of body protection. I played on rocks, sand and broken beer bottles. I ACTUALLY had to look both ways before crossing the street once I'd exited the bus. Survival of the fittest, I say. I survived my childhood without all the buffers. I had even been shocked by an electrical outlet on more than one occasion because I didn't have those fancy outlet covers. Here I am, alive and well.... well, I'm alive.

Also, I've noticed that parents are quick to do work for their kids. Homework, school projects, selling crap, etc. My parents never did any of that for me. If I asked what a word meant, my dad handed me a dictionary. If I had cookies to sell, my mom didn't take the sign-up sheet to her job, I had to go door to door and do it my damn self. Oh, but they aren't allowed to do that anymore. And everyone gets a flipping prize. Stop rewarding mediocrity! How are these devil spawn supposed to understand the satisfaction of achieving a goal on their own? Everyone is so concerned with kid's "self esteem" but what these morons don't realize is that they are setting the children up for disappointment later on when they are unleashed into the real world. No one in the real world cares about your self worth.

Here is some unsolicited advice for parents: Cut the umbilical cord... pay attention now.... At. Birth. Stop hovering over your kids their whole life. Also, giving them a good smack on the ass every once in a while isn't child abuse, it's discipline. You're not supposed to be their friend. You're supposed to be their parent. Now stop it before I give you a time out.

Even the TV shows aimed at the young are making them prissy. Someone is always whining or throwing a fit and the other characters are like, "Oh no! What's the matter? What can *I* do to make you feel better about *you*?" Bullshit. It's one thing to raise a caring kid, it's quite another to raise one into a doormat. Other kids will pick that up immediately and use it to their advantage. They should be able to stand up for themselves and be somewhat self sufficient when they enter school. Unless, you don't mind being called to the school once a day to wipe their ass or their tears, or both. Have you ever seen "Bedazzled" with Brendan Fraser? You know when he's that overly sensitive guy serenading his girlfriend and crying at the sunset? That's how I imagine these people.

This same holds true for the grown ups, or "grown ups" as I like to call them. Stop being soft! Stand up! Grow a fricking backbone already! And for Bob's sake, stop taking everything so seriously, you're making us normal people look bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment